There have been episodes in the past years where I changed my primary hardware configuration, literally, every month. But for the past 11(!) months nothing much has changed to my hardware setup, but — with a new month up ahead and almost having finished all Options4ALL empowered projects — there is a change of requirements coming from coding / webdevelopment, to more multimedia and marketing.
Anyway, let’s have a look what made everything that’s about to surface all possible. As there many people who think I have a powerhouse of a setup … and I do in a sense; as everything is tweaked for maximum performance and effectiveness through software customizations. Hardware wise? You’ll be amazed though.
My Office Space: January – November 2016
My Primary Workstation setup
HP Elitebook 2560p
- CPU: i5-2520m upto 2.7GHz
- RAM: 16GB Crucial Mac memory
- HDD: replaced default 250GB 7200rpm by Sandisk Ultra 960GB
- WiFi: replaced Intel by Broadcom (#hackintosh compatible)
- ODD: DVD+/-RW
- Connectivity: 2xUSB2.0 + 2xUSB3 @ Renesas PCcard, 1x 1Gbit LAN, 1x RJ45 modem
- Webcam: 720p
Most of the time it’s docked in a HP Dockingstation: 1x VGA, 2x USB
Keyboard: Macally ICEkey
Mouse: Microsoft Mouse 6000 v1.0 USB wired
Apple iPhone 4S 32GB
Apple iPad WiFi 32GB
Yes, this is the first iPad ever released. It’s not the best and thus crashes often during browsing the web from Safari or Feedly, however it’s perfect for watching YouTube videos from bed (for doing research or self education). And watching offline content thanks to Softroni’s Waltr. Moreover to make quick notes and sync it through iCloud / Gmail notes.
My iPad Accessories
- Belkin Leather Sleeve
- Extra Long charger cable
- Travel kit
Local Area Network (LAN) + WiFi Setup
My entire home has 1GBit LAN ethernet.
- Internet provider: Ziggo
- Downstream: 150Mbit
- Upstream: 15Mbit
Provided through cisco EPC3925 EuroDocsis (download PDF manual) with 4x1Gbit LAN.
- LAN connection downstairs
- Router: D-Link 868L
Virtual Private Server
- Hoster: TransIP
- CPU: 2-8core Xeon instances, 4GB RAM
- OS: Linux Ubunte 12.04 LTS
Whereas I know a lot about webservers, email servers? Ain’t my cup of tea. Thus to prevent Hillary Clinton’s problems. I use a shared hosting account of the Dutch SolidHosting.NL ti handle all my email.
- My Dutch / NL WordPress Translation contributions: October 2022 - October 9, 2022
- My Dutch / NL WordPress Translation contributions: August 2022 - August 23, 2022
- [NL] Ultra Light digital nomad travel in Europe with Rynair, Wizz Air, etc. - August 20, 2022
- My Dutch / NL WordPress Translation contributions: July 2022 - July 27, 2022
- My Dutch / NL WordPress Translation contributions: April 2022 - April 2, 2022
Communities I have been 'hanging out' regularly over the past two decades.
- BitcoinTalk.org since 2014-03
- Warrior Forum since 2013-07
- Empire Avenue since 2013
- Envato (i.e. CodeCanyon) since 2011-07
- TripAdvisor since 2010-09
- HardWare.info since 2003-08
- SynthForum.NL since 2001-11
- gathering.tweakers.net since 2000-11
Note: links go to my profile on those respective sites. Connect with me if you like.