- 1 My Office Space: January – November 2016
- 1.1 Workstations
- 1.2 Local Area Network (LAN) + WiFi Setup
- 1.3 Web servers
There have been episodes in the past years where I changed my primary hardware configuration, literally, every month. But for the past 11(!) months nothing much has changed to my hardware setup, but — with a new month up ahead and almost having finished all Options4All.net empowered projects — there is a change of requirements coming from coding / webdevelopment, to more multimedia and marketing.
Anyway, let’s have a look what made everything that’s about to surface all possible. As there many people who think I have a powerhouse of a setup … and I do in a sense; as everything is tweaked for maximum performance and effectiveness through software customizations. Hardware wise? You’ll be amazed though.
My Office Space: January – November 2016
My Primary Workstation setup
HP Elitebook 2560p
- CPU: i5-2520m upto 2.7GHz
- RAM: 16GB Crucial Mac memory
- HDD: replaced default 250GB 7200rpm by Sandisk Ultra 960GB
- WiFi: replaced Intel by Broadcom (#hackintosh compatible)
- ODD: DVD+/-RW
- Connectivity: 2xUSB2.0 + 2xUSB3 @ Renesas PCcard, 1x 1Gbit LAN, 1x RJ45 modem
- Webcam: 720p
Most of the time it’s docked in a HP Dockingstation: 1x VGA, 2x USB
Keyboard: Macally ICEkey
Mouse: Microsoft Mouse 6000 v1.0 USB wired
Apple iPhone 4S 32GB
Apple iPad WiFi 32GB
Yes, this is the first iPad ever released. It’s not the best and thus crashes often during browsing the web from Safari or Feedly, however it’s perfect for watching YouTube videos from bed (for doing research or self education). And watching offline content thanks to Softroni’s Waltr. Moreover to make quick notes and sync it through iCloud / Gmail notes.
My iPad Accessories
- Belkin Leather Sleeve
- Extra Long charger cable
- Travel kit
Local Area Network (LAN) + WiFi Setup
My entire home has 1GBit LAN ethernet.
- Internet provider: Ziggo
- Downstream: 150Mbit
- Upstream: 15Mbit
Provided through cisco EPC3925 EuroDocsis (download PDF manual) with 4x1Gbit LAN.
- LAN connection downstairs
- Router: D-Link 868L
Virtual Private Server
- Hoster: TransIP
- CPU: 2-8core Xeon instances, 4GB RAM
- OS: Linux Ubunte 12.04 LTS
Whereas I know a lot about webservers, email servers? Ain’t my cup of tea. Thus to prevent Hillary Clinton’s problems. I use a shared hosting account of the Dutch SolidHosting.NL ti handle all my email.
- All-Time Top 3 Generic Video Hosting and Marketing Best Practices for Businesses - Thursday December 13th, 2018
- Harald Seiz in Hong Kong: Karatbar Gold Coin & Interview at CoinSuper.com with Justin Leung, July 2018 - Thursday July 19th, 2018
- [FIX] HTTP 500 / FATAL Error on first attempt to login in WP with Auto Funnel Press - Tuesday May 15th, 2018
- F*CK !!! public_html/megla.txt – “hacked by megla akash from Team_CC” – TROUBLESHOOT - Saturday March 17th, 2018
- [NL] 7 redenen waarom ‘Bitcoin Mining’ via je Chrome Browser totaal kansloos is … - Friday March 16th, 2018